Thursday, February 09, 2006

Update!

As life slowly begins to take on a more normal pace, I felt it time to update.

Baby: Baby's beginning to adapt to life outside the womb, crying less frequently. We in the family are also beginning to get accustomed to having a new addition to the family. It's pretty amazing to see him grow. His head is bigger, fingers are fatter, changes happen so quickly.

School: I had a rash of assignments/projects/tests the past month, and had been hard at work. Prof made several mistakes with our tests resulting in me wondering about his abilities. He tried to fix it by giving everyone bonus marks. I was not impressed with his solution.

Health: Have been having some physical unpleasantness for a while. Knee has been bothering me intermittantly since that NYC visit in Oct. Plus my back hurt horribly in that last post. And I've been sick with the flu twice already this winter season. It was disappointing to usher in the two new years in this fashion. Hopefully it'll get better as time progresses. A person's immunity is linked to their mood. Perhaps I've been unhappy? Or perhaps being sick has caused me to be unhappy. Which causes me to be sick, which causes me to be more unhappy, which ...

Family: Another new year passed (lunar). It was good. $$ from bday and lunar new year. Lots of family oriented stuff, i.e. chinese dinners, sister-in-law's mother visiting, also baby's one month celebration is coming up.

Other stuff: I feel as if I've been stuck at home for a while, cos of the assignments and illness etc. This week I've gotten to relax and kick back. I look forward to shopping, clubbing, dead bodies, games and movies. I need to buy some tops, something to wear to the one month dinner, a purse, boots, camera and sunglasses. My air purifier arrived today and my new glasses arrived yesterday. Packages are so much fun. It's also time for my bi-annual salon visit, since I will have no need to impress anyone in the near future, perhaps it's time to do something drastic. Any suggestions?

3 Comments:

Blogger Lambchop said...

Yoz! this is a pretty late comment, but hey at least i'm here! juz wanna say, regarding the health part, i truly believe one's health is led by your mental power.. meaning if u r very down and depressed, there's very high likeilhood of u falling sick .. at least dat's wat happened to me .. but i bet u r out of it already! :)

10:19 AM  
Blogger Lambchop said...

oh and, i forgot wat, wat was the deal abt dead bodies??!!

10:20 AM  
Blogger lilnymphie said...

I just seem to get sick or hurt myself so often these days. But I don't feel especially sad. Maybe it's an unconscious thing?

I'll post a blurb about the dead bodies sometime. It was really interesting!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home