Thursday, July 27, 2006

Glass Half Full

Most of my Asia trip is done at this point. I've seen almost everyone in HK for lunches/dinners. I've gone and had a great time in Macau and Singapore. I'll be going to Zhongshan for a bit, then back to HK, from where I'll return to Toronto.

I had a pretty hard time dealing with the HSBC SG. They were unhelpful and inept at times. I've had numerous people urge me to complain. I think I shall write them an email when I return to Canada. However, I had a wonderful stay at my friend Ain's place (Many thanks again Ain!). She was a great hostess, and her apartment is really stylishly decorated. Seeing all my old friends really made the trip worthwhile, and totally negated any difficulties I had at the bank. When I arrived back in HK, my HK bank manager told me my money had arrived, so no worries now anyways.

I seemed to have been jinxed though. When I first arrived in SG, my friend's car wouldn't start. Then the day I ventured out to the bank, Ain told me SG experienced its first ever MRT blackout? Part of the line from Dhoby Ghaut to Harborfront was down. Then Ain's computer's power supply malfunctioned. Then on the flight back, my row of seats all had their TV screens malfunction. Passengers asked the stewardess about it, and I overheard her say that they had been working prior to our boarding, but after we boarded, it started to not work. So now Alfiya is also jokingly blaming me for the power surge she experienced at home while I was away (the power went out, fuse jumped, and the bulb in her room blew). Freaky power failures seem to be going around me!

Will update with more pics later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home