In HK
Yay so I made it here in one piece.
Hadn't slept the night before the flight as I had too many last minute things to deal with. Made it to the airport with less time than I had thought and nervously waited to go through US customs (as I was passing through Chicago to HK). Luckily they didn't bully me as much as before and I was pass that ordeal fairly quickly.
The flight was fine, nothing special. 19 hours of boredom and sleep. Got to HK and was hit with the incredible heat. As native HKers thought it was too hot, you can imagine how I'd feel coming off a plane. I managed to take the bus and drag my 51lb suitcase home by myself.
After getting home and confirming that my pieces of crap cells didn't work, I had to go online and ask people to call other people for me. Then I fell asleep at 8pm, didn't even wake up to greet Alfi when she got home. Woke up at 3am, but managed to sleep again until 6am. Then it was a full day of errands, getting the new HK ID, going to a bank for the safety deposit box, going to another bank for opening of two new accounts, met the relatives, picked up slippers, spare cell phone, adapter, picked up groceries, relayed to my mom I was safe. Fell asleep exhausted at midnight and woke up today at 8am. I don't think I had time dif/jet lag at all! I rock!
Today I'm going to stay in from the stiffling heat and study. I've a quiz/essay due next week that I haven't started at all. So just going to turn on the air con. and chill. I haven't booked my SG ticket yet as I haven't decided how long to stay...my HK friends want to go to Macau that weekend, another group of HK friends are going to Disney land, but my SG friends want me to stay in SG that weekend. Decisions...the good thing now is I have free SG lodging, thanks Ain!!!
I don't think I'm going to Taiwan anymore. Some people have told me it's fairly similar to HK. Plus when Victor goes, it's going to be expensive airfare and hotel rooms cos of the harmonica competition. Jimmy says he'll go to Guilin with me, and I still want to go to Macau somehow, I guess that would be enough travelling.
I also might have to go back to Toronto earlier as I didn't know, but the law school orientation starts on the 16th...I still haven't decided if I want to postpone law school...

1 Comments:
You crazy global citizen, you! Have fun over there.
-vanessa
Post a Comment
<< Home