Almost...
As my Asia trip draws to a close, I cannot help but feel sadness. My stay here has been filled with such love. I dislike Hong Kong as a place to live, and the rest of the places have been much too hot (Singapore), so it's really the people I'll miss. I've concluded that it's really the people inside that make up a country. You can have two fairly similar locations, but the culture/attitude/friendliness will definately make things different.
I've been taking pictures like crazy, some of my friends think me mad, but I really do want to document everything I see, so I can always remember the kindness/happiness I encountered the past month. I've been so spoiled this trip! It was really nice seeing everyone, I have many thanks to give...I'd like to thank:
Alfiya for letting me stay at her place in HK, and for our long chats and her advice.
Ain for letting me stay at her place in SG, and for patiently letting me jinx her car and computer.
Jason for taking me to Macau, and being an awesome tour guide even tho he was sick. Irene for going to Macau with us and making it all the more memorable.
Jimmy for arranging our Guangzhou trip, taking time out of your busy schedule and risking a poor mark in your Chinese course.
All the SG Amazons that came out and made my short SG trip full of memories, and the ones that couldn't come, but emailed their wishes.
All the HK friends and family that I met for dinner/lunch, especially those who graciously lent me everything I needed for my trip, adapters, cell phones, chargers etc.


That done with, omg! I've been gaining weight non-stop since like Feb. That the food here has been delicious has not helped. It's not that I am afraid of the few pounds that I've gained, I'm concerned only because it's not plateaued. If this trend continues, then that will not be good. I'm now 110lbs, up from 102lbs in Feb. Although I've developed some muscles in my arms/legs, and don't look noticably chubbier (except for in my face x___x') it is beginning to worry me!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home