Disillusioned
The problem is not in finding someone who wants to date you.
The problem is finding someone who shares your interests/viewpoints/hobbies/loves, wants to date you, and whom you also want to date.
I hadn't realised it would be that hard. Some say I have too high a standard, I don't really think so...perhaps my standards are more on the weird side. Perhaps it's that I'm weird myself.
For example, I love horror movies. Is it too much to ask for...someone to watch horror movies with me? 80% of the guys I've dated the past 2 years (since breaking up with K) have disliked watching horror movies. Some of them have gone and watched it with me nonetheless, but how much fun is it knowing you've dragged them out to something they don't like, and are scared of.
*sigh*
Maybe it's time to just stop dating for a while.
EDIT: I should note that the guy also has to be in the same time zone at least. Different time zones, or more than a 5 hour drive away...is also not good.
New EDIT: Do common interests really matter? I took a poll, out of the 80+ people polled, 70% thought mutual attraction accounted for more than common interests. Some said different interests may even broaden your horizons to beyond what you would have normally tried. ??!?

1 Comments:
EDIT? anyway, agree totally .. if there's no common interests, somehow it's very hard to connect to that person .. and I'm surprised, i thot most guys will go for horror movies .. guess guys nowadays all have no balls!!! hahaha ..
Post a Comment
<< Home