Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Autumn

The cool autumn breeze usually brings with it a slight hint of sadness. The more layers I have to put on, the sadder I get. This summer was by far the shortest ever. I suppose it has to do with me being away for 1.5 months travelling. But it's like, I'm back in Toronto and it's already cold.

I had been a bit bummed out since returning from Asia. It was like leaving the warmth of a nice bubbly jacuzzi and standing out in the freezing snow. Asia was great! And then I return to a place of stress and responsibility...not so great.

I had a very eventual weekend though, and that has perked me up a bit.

Friday: I went to a Video Game Live Concert. That consists of an orchestra and choir playing music from popular video games. It comes with a light show. It was new, interesting, and something I thoroughly enjoyed. Then we went clubbing, which is in itself nothing new, but this time I only danced half an hour, and sat outside chatting for 2.5.

Saturday: I went to a K lounge without meaning to, and didn't get home until 4am. I met some new friends, some old, and had the best tasting alcoholic drink I had ever tasted. Green Tea Whiskey. It tasted JUST like Arizona Green Tea, with NO hint of alcohol at all. Perhaps that's a rather dangerous thing, as I had no idea it was hitting me hard until I got up and felt all wobbly.

Sunday: I saw a rainbow when I was going to watch a movie with Mike.

Monday: I brought my mom to the fair and we saw some very spectacular fireworks and Chinese lanterns. Lights at night are pretttttyy....I was also happy that she enjoyed it.

Oh, and we bought a new house a bit further North. Closing date is mid. Oct. I've postponed law school for anyone who didn't know, family reasons. So I also have to start with the applications again. And I want to get a job. So busy busy. Stress stress stress. But this weekend I get to go rock climbing again! Yay. I still haven't uploaded pics, except for the few on my Friendster. I think there's a link on the bottom left if you wanna check it out.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Janet! I know what you mean by fall bringing sadness. It's getting colder everyday in Montreal, too. I like your posts - reading them makes me feel like talking to you. Hope everything works out with your law school applications!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Lambchop said...

your wkend sounds 10 times more fulfilling than mine!! haha .. me being in boring singapore ..

10:06 AM  
Blogger lilnymphie said...

Hey, I'm glad you like em :) I really should start posting more pics too. This weekend was a blast. Next weekend I'm going rock climbing again!

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home