It's just a little Crush...
I've developed incredible crushes on guys I've only met a few times before, crushes that last months without me meeting them again. I daydream time and time again about how perfect it could be.
My ex use to muse about girls he glimpsed on the streets, ok no, that sounds weird...let me rephrase. My ex is an artist, and he use to find his Muse in girls he didn't know. Ok that still sounds weird.
Anyways, he use to say that he could use those girls as muses as he could imagine their backgrounds as anything he wanted. A pink ribbon in their could have any number of stories behind it.
Perhaps that's why getting crushes on guys I hardly know is getting to be so comfortable. I know enough to get intrigued, but not enough to get disappointed. The rest I can just make up however I want. Yes, it remains unfulfilled, but behind the safety of anonymity, I can neither get rejected, hurt, or disappointed. No, I haven't lost faith in love and I am not running away. I just see it as a pleasant mental distraction from time to time. I'm not attached enough to feel anything negative, and see it as a fun daydream.
(Oh, I still don't quite believe in love at first site. The logical part of me just doesn't think it's reasonable to be able to love someone you know nothing about. For the crushes I mentioned, I know bits and pieces, and don't love them or anything. I'm just interested)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home